Dharwad district being at the North of Karnataka is set. at 150.15” and 150.35” East Latitude and 75-20” longitude. Belgaum and Haveri Districts lie to the north and to the south respectively while at the east and west. lie Gadag and north canara respectively.
Kalaghati Taluk comes under Malanad Region Dharwad Taluk comes under semi Malanada and the other taluks of Hubli, Kundgol and Navalgund or of plane region. Navalgund, Kundgol and a large area of Gadag also mixed red soil.
As the old Dharwad Distinct is divided the newly formed district is posting of 5 Talks. The total area of the district is 4263 Sq. Kms and it is 2.22% of the area of the state.
The weather condition of the district is good for the health. The summer session enters from February and ends in june. December to February winter season.
According to the rough details given by the 2001 census report, there are 386 village in the district. Dharwad Taluk has 123 Villages (maximum) and Kundgol Taluk is possessing of only 56 villages (minimum).
There are totally 6 Town Panchyats in the district
According to the census report of 2001, the population of the district is 16.03 lakhs. The total increase from 2001 is 2.29 lakhs, and the rate of increase is 20% Of this 8.23 Lakhs are men and 7.80 lakhsae women.
RANK AND QUATUM OF LITERACY IN THE DISTRICT
|Literacy in the state level
|Literates in rural area
|Literates in towns
Taluk wise literacy details
Profile of the dept.
The Adult Education Programme came into being for the first time in 1979-80. It was stated with an aim of educating the uneducated of the age group of 15-35 and more especially those residing in rural area. This was proposed by the central Govt. In the year 1992-93, the “District Sakshara Deepa Samiti” was established and the same has been working with district adult Education programme.
Further, according to the direction by the state litracy mission, district sakshara samiti has been working effectively Respected CEO is the chief of the ZSS. [Zilla Sakshara Samiti] and district Adult Education officer is the secretary of the ZSS.
As per the bylaw others are the members of the Zss.
The programmes are undertaken according to the guidelines and directions of touch by the president.
What is Litracy ?
Litracy means mental efficiency of genral re3ading, general writing, acquire knowledge of basic needs of dialy life.
Concept of litracy :
The litracy programme is a programme comprising of a wide educating programme with a motive of providing open opportunities to all those who are out of the frame of basic education and primary education.
- Finding and the illiterates.
- Making them literates.
- Teaching there newly educated ones to utilize what they have learnt, and the teach them to in inculcate the life skills are the aims under this programme.
Aims of the Department:-
- To find out illiterates belonging to the age group of 14-35 and making them literate.
- To create an atmosphere among literates and making them to retain and develop learning habits, and motivating others to learn.
Objective of the Programme :-
- To provide on apportunity to be literate for those who are left out of the programme.
- To provide an opportunity to utlise and the develop life-skills among those who are niw literates and those who left their school half done.
- Providing basic education to continue for further education.
- By encongraging the habit of reading, trying to build a society where litracy is encouraged.
- The beneficiaries should be the foot lamps for their next generation.
- Teaching the skills of organization.
- To encourage to mix with those of all other communities.
- To enrich man-power and human resources.
- To develop to look with scientific angle.
- To provide short term special professional training to neo literates.
- To inform about various schemes of development programmes of the Govt.
- To encourage to participate in cultural activities and other programmes of personality development.
- 1) Continue Education Programme.
- Educating Through Students. Neo-literates 15506.
- S C Programme. 500 Neo Literates.
- TSP 250 Neo Literates.
- Educating through students 10034 Neo Literates.
- SC Programme. 192 Neo Literates.
- TSP Sibira. 50 Neo Literates.
- LTS Programme. Illiterates -10000, Neo Literates-9000
- CLVTC Programme. Illiterates-2840, Neo Literates-2300.
- Occupational Skill – Registered-60, Beneficiaries-60
- Occupational Skill – Registered-250, Beneficiaries-232
- Occupational Skill Programme.,Registered Neo Literates-600,Beneficiaries-600
- Literacy Programme.Registered illiterates-5270,Neo literates – 2900.
- Occupational Skill Programme.Centers -33, Registered Neo Literates-660. Beneficiaries-660.
- Special Occupational Skill Programme.Centers-11, Registered Neo Literates-220.Beneficiaries-220.
- Programme of the Literacy Centre.Illiterates -5700.Literates-4631.
- Occupational Skill Programme.Centers -25, Registered Neo Literates-500 are under training.
DETAILS OF PROGRAMMES (TALUK WISE 2012-13).
- Kalaghatagi Taluk –
According to Dr. Nanjudappa varadi, kalaghatagi Taluk has been considered as most backward taluk.
- Under Backward Litracy Programme, 210 Litracy centres were started in the month of Sept-12 & there were 2100 illiterate people enrolled. Among 24 lessons of Baravva Kaliyak tent book, they learnt 12 lessons till now remaining 12 lessons to be learn by the and of Janauary-13.
- Under Vocational training Programme, 6 Vocational training centres, in which 3 centres in tailoring (3 months duration) 2 centres in karnatak kasuthi (2 months) & 1 centre in krosha wire bag mating of 2 months duration, were started in the month of Sept-12.
Kundgol Taluk :-
- Backward Litracy Programme: In Navalgund taluk 170 learning centres ere started in the month of Sept-12 & 1700 illitrates were enclored Now They are learning Last 12 lessons of ‘Baravva Kaliyak” text book.
- Vocational Training Programmes: In this taluk 5 vocational training centres, in tailoring of duration 3 months were started in the month of Sept-12.
Vocational training centres were started in this Taluk. 07 which 3 centres in tailoring. Of 3 months duration 2 centres in karnatak kasuti of 2 months, I centre in beauty parlour of 2 months & 1 Centre in preparation of food items of 1 month duration.
- Vocational Training Programme :- 4 Vocational training centres were started under link Document Budget of which 3 centres in tailoring of 3 months duration & 1 centre in coltage industries of 1 month duration.
- Vocational Training Programme for schedule cast people :- Under this porogramme 3 vocational centres were started, of which 1 centre in training of 3 months duration, 1 Centre in Karnataka kasuti of 2 months duration & 1 centre in artificial flower making of 1 month duration
- Vocational Training Programme :- Under this programme, 3 vocational traing centres in tailoring of 3 months duration were started in September & October month.
- Cocational Training Programme for schedule caste : Under this programme 2 vocational centres in tailoring of 3 months duration, were started in the month of sept & October.
All these programmes were started in sept & out month, now they are running successfully & will be complete in the month of Jan-13 or Feb-13.